Real Wedding Review: Mark & Martina’s wedding in Mauritius
Mark and Martina decided to whisk off to Mauritius, just the two of them, to get married at the dreamy 5* Paradise Cove. Planning their wedding in a matter of months, Beach Weddings organized an intimate destination wedding in Mauritius with everything taken care of. Mark and Marina tied the knot in January 2020, read on to discover all about their big day, and followed by their romantic honeymoon.
The wedding at Paradise Cove
“Our wedding morning was very relaxed as we booked our couple massages for that morning at the hotel’s spa. We picked a beautiful area overlooking sea for our ceremony, which was splendid! We had our first dance, cutting cake and live music, which was everything as we choose prior to the day.”
“Everything was more than we wished for and we wish everyone could experience such romantic and intimate moments during their wedding. We had beautiful pictures taken throughout the day on grounds of Paradise Cove and near by beach.”
“There was a special candlelit dinner organised for us at the beach, we were never short of champagne neither. Every day of our stay felt magical and we will cherish those moments forever.”
“Paradise Cove was just dreamy! Beautiful views of sea, exotic gardens, few different pools and restaurants all amazing! Food was fabulous and dinners were accompanied by live music.”
Paradise Cove is an adults-only resort and is designed with couples in mind.
Beach Weddings service
“We can’t recommend Beach Weddings enough! Our wedding and honeymoon in one getaway was just perfect. We decided to have our wedding just the two of us and within a few months time!”
“Ever since we contacted Beach Weddings it felt right and our excitement was building as things were getting sorted. We had been explained the whole process in detail and got few options of hotels it was hard to pick as they were all amazing! Our heart got settled on getting married at 5 star Paradise Cove with premium package and it was the right option for us. We have been spoiled by beautiful accommodation and everything that came with it!”
The legal documents and requirements
“We had sent all necessary documents to beach wedding and they took care of the rest! The communication and attention to detail was absolutely excellent. As we understood their colleagues in Mauritius picked us up and drives us to hotel and later on in main town for the formality side to be signed.”
At Beach Weddings, we make sure that you are fully prepared when it comes to your wedding day. That’s why we offer information on the legal requirements for each destination, as it differs between countries. Read our FAQs here. Below are the legal requirements to get married in Mauritius:
*The below requirements are for British passport holders only.
- A copy of the birth certificates of both parties
- 1 copy of the main pages of each passport (usually the first 3 pages)
- Any document relating to a previous divorce, the decease of previous husband/wife or a change of name (in case the bride has obtained her final decree of divorce less than 10 months before the new wedding date, we must also have a medical certificate confirming that she is not pregnant. The ceremony cannot be performed otherwise)
- A letter from both parties attesting that they want to get married in Mauritius and on the chosen date. This document should bear the current permanent address of each party and their profession.
We must receive photocopies of all legal documents at least 6 weeks prior to the wedding date. The originals will be required during the formalities in Mauritius.
Mark & Martina’s wedding package at Paradise Cove
Premium Wedding Package includes:
- Exclusive venue for the wedding ceremony on the hotel premises
- Wedding coordinator
- 25% discount for the bride on hairdressing and make-up
- A bridal bouquet
- A button hole for the groom
- A wedding cake
- A bottle of champagne
- 2 musicians during the wedding ceremony
- A candlelight dinner on the wedding night
- A romantic turndown in room on the wedding night
- Honeymoon amenities
- Personalised breakfast in room the morning after the wedding
- Set-up and in-house floral decoration of the table and wedding gazebo
- A couple massage at the spa
- Full Day photographer (09:00 to 19:00)
- A gala dinner, lobster menu, during the stay
- Witnesses if needed
- Legal and administrative fees
Has Mark and Martina’s wedding in Mauritius inspired your destination wedding? Contact us online or call us on 0121 752 9359 to speak to a destination wedding planner.